Bad news! It seems to have only lost 2km of flat from the start.
Going through the timing sheet with fellow Etapper Pez (he made a spreadsheet) there was a problem.
The distances to the summits on the cut off time sheet and the official route were out. He tracked this to the start.
Which means my technical route analysis for broom wagon times needs to adjust thusly:
(Print out and keep/tape to top-tube guide follows...)
Format is: Distance, nature of road, speed needed, broom wagon/cut off time at the end of that stretch.
- Start: 08:30
- 10km - flat - 30kph - 08:50
- 5.4km at 5.8% Côte de Puget - 9.8kph - 09:23
- 1.5km downhill + 3.6km at 6.2% Col de Leschaux - 10.2kph - 09:54
- 9.5km rolling downhill overall - 9.2kph - 10:52
- 6km at 4% Côte de Aillons-le-Vieux - 13kph - 11:19
- 4.5km slightly downhill - 13kph - 11:40
- 3.5km at 6.5% Col des Prés - 10.5kph- 12:00
- 11.5km descent (technical) - 17.7kph - 12:39
- 16km at 5.4% Col du Mont-Revard - 9.5kph - 14:20
- 12km descent (fast) - 28.8kph - 14:45
- 23.5km basically flat (slightly downhill) - 14.5kph - 16:22
- 11.5km at 8.3% Montée finale du Semnoz - 6.8kph - 18:04
- Collapse exhausted (hopefully ahead of Broom Wagon)